Monday, August 08, 2005

Still going through stuff



While looking through my trunk I found my *"reasonable facsimile" of Ken. Apparently, although I had the real and original Barbie, my parents couldn't afford Ken. This guy is Andy. I updated him for you. I should have put tattoos and piercings on him but maybe he's worth something on eBay. I found Barbie's dress, one I received at the same time that I got the doll, but no Barbie. Wasn't she ugly!?

These dolls were probably the beginning of the end of my carefree girl days.

* "reasonable facsimile" sticks in my mind because the Addie Bobkins cartoon show always said to send in a Sunny Jim Peanut Butter Label, or a "reasonable facsimile". I remember sending in a picture I drew of the label. There was no response. I guess it wasn't "reasonable".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pillblooms,

I was just searching around for stuff about my dad, and your wonderful blog came up! My father was Addie Bobkins!!! I loved that "reasonable facsimilie" sentence - I had forgotten that over-used phrase from "back then". Your life sounds like mine - the thyroid nodule, the Barbie, and especially the de-cluttering! I just had to write and let you know I enjoyed reading your blog. At least I think that's what it is. I'll have to look into this... quite fun! By the way... my dad died last February - quite suddenly of Melanoma (he was 72). That is why I was searching for him on Google... just thinkin' about him.
Thanks for listening...
I'd love to hear from you...
Debbie
****************

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess my email address was "blocked" so I'll try another way...

debijojo @ aol
see if that works

8:23 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I've lost you! I was thinking about "Reasonable Facsimiles" today... and your blog came to mind. Where have you gone? I hope you are well... and that maybe you have just changed your blog name... all my best... Debbie (Addiedebkins @ gmail)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home