Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Knives


Before I go to sleep, if I happen to pass by the kitchen, I think about hiding the knives from some potential murderer needing a weapon.

I have very expensive sharp knives and 'dollar store' dull knives. I think, supposedly sharp knives hurt less so maybe I should hide the dull knives and leave the sharp ones on the counter. If I hide them all, he may find only the dull ones and if I'm going to be murdered I want it to be as painless as possible.

For years, I'd alternately hide all the knives and some nights, leave just the sharp ones clearly visible on the counter.

Even though I don't move the knives anymore, I still think about this. This comes from watching some sick-true story movie about this drug deal gone bad horrible murder. I won't curse you with the same images, but they are burnt into my brain forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Stivers said...

I'm so glad you are posting again! I think it's great to think about your fears. They are powerful. They can provide energy or destroy you. (Like Rob Brezhny in his book talks about the atom bomb: it's the shadow for the whole human race.)With all your thoughts about knives you could become a great cook, sculptor or sideshow act.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home