Monday, November 07, 2005

Visit to see Mom aka: Grandma



My daughter #1, Mom and Me, taken with the camera I'm holding. She opened the mirrored cabinet to get her lipstick before I took the photo. It was blue, my daughter and I thought she was trying to put eye shadow on her lips...something that seemed like a reasonable mistake for a stroke victim. You could see the twinkle in Mom's eye when it turned rosey on her lips before our eyes.

To keep that youthful look: Stay out of the sun, don't smoke and don't have a stroke.


------------------------------------------------


Aunt Audrey with my daughter #1; My Aunt takes such good care of her sister, my mom.

Aunt Audrey is 75. My mother, who is very religious and usually dominates every conversation looked quite shocked as the 4 of us sat in the little apartment and discussed sex, lesbians, how her friends are happy their husbands have passed, breast cancer and implants. I realized I never really talked to my Aunt. She was always just a face at family gatherings. I appreciate her so much now. She loves my mom. This photo is a quick one before she left. My mom said, "Bye Honey". It's nice to know my mom's default settings are sweet ones. She can say so few words.

--------------------------------------------------------

My mother must be the most proud of her son. His photos are the only ones in her little bedroom.

Wes is really something. Here he is with President Bush. My father was really never proud of him...at least he didn't show it. Wes' list of accomplishments goes on and on. He never got along with the woman who has enshrined him. He never calls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Stivers said...

So why do you think he never calls?

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home